I finally came off the waitlist (took about 4-5 weeks) and got my first Ipsy Bag this month! You get 4-5 beauty products each month including a new bag. Some of them are deluxe samples and some of them are even full size products! This is the September 2013 “Classic Beauty” Ipsy Bag. Ipsy is a monthly subscription that costs $10 a month and that includes the shipping!
What was inside my bag:
Blue and Black Flowery Print Bag – zippered
- John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo 1.5 FL. OZ $1.16
- John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner 1.5 FL. OZ $1.16
- Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Volumizing Mascara (Deluxe Sample) $7.99
- StarLooks Eye Pencil – Obsidian (Full Size) $12.00
- NYX Eyeshadow Singles – Sparkle White (Full Size) $4.50
Total Value $26.81
I paid $10!
Items I didn’t get:
- Butter London nail lacquer (deluxe sample): $7.50
- Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm (full size): $19.00
- Highlighter Pencil by Cella (full size): $18.00
- Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (full size): $6.99
- POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon (full size): $4.17
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, 2 pairs: $7.50
- Victoria Jackson Brow Pencil (full size): $14.95
- Freeman masks (set of 3): $5.97
- J. Cat Beauty Lipstick (full size): $2.49
- Nyx Bronze Smoky Look Kit (full size): $12.00
Check out my video below:
Ipsy is a monthly subscription that costs only $10 a month. Each month, you receive a new Ipsy bag that is themed for that month. When you sign up, there is a survey to do to and every month, Ipsy features 10-15 beauty products in their bags. They use “IpsyMatch” and will send you 4-5 products (usually 5) of the 10-15 products that are featuring that month based on your survey answers. That way you get products that are the best fit for you. I love this because we don’t get to choose our products we send and chances are, you will get products that you will use. You can also re-take the survey and change your answers at any time.
For example, you noticed that I got a couple hair care products right? Well, even though I love hair care products, I would like to receive more cosmetic items. So I re-took my survey and when it asked what kind of products I like, I unchecked hair care.
If you sign up, you may be put on a waitlist. From you could be on the waitlist for a couple days, couple weeks, or a couple months. I have noticed from reading comments on their facebook page from other Ipsy subscribers that the longest wait has been around 4-5 weeks. You will not be charged until you come off the waitlist and your subscription actually starts. They also have a really cool points program where you can earn points by reviewing the items you received and referring others to join. The points can be redeemed for an extra free full size product that will come with your bag!
My thoughts so far?
Well, this is my first bag. I was happy with it and loved the products that I received in it. I got two full size products and a few great size deluxe samples. The hair care items I could have done without but I still liked them. Being my first bag, I was pretty pleased and can’t wait until next month for my next one!
Want to sign up? Sign up here —–> Ipsy Monthly Subscription
Disclaimer: This is not a paid or sponsored post. I received these items from my own paid subscription that I pay for myself. This post includes a referral link.