October is SIDS awareness month and during October, HALO will be donating $1 to SIDS awareness for every facebook “like” they receive. HALO is a brand that focuses on safe sleep practices and promote SIDS awareness. They have also worked with hospital nurseries through HALO Safe Way to Sleep Initiative.
“During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook â€œlikeâ€.
HALO Innovationâ€™s SleepSackÂ® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.”
See below for some helpful tips on safe sleep practices:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your babyâ€™s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
So what is a HALO SleepSack? It’s a wearable blanket that replaces loose blankets in the crib. Normally blankets are kind of pointless anyway because babies never stay covered with a blanket as they are always kicked off. Using a SleepSack eliminates the need for a blanket and reduces the risk of SIDS without having to worry if the blanket will eventually cover baby’s face. It’s designed so that baby can keep warm without getting too hot and what I love about it is that there is plenty of room inside for little one to kick his/her legs while wearing it.
It doesn’t tangle up little legs either and never had a problem when it comes to rolling over and getting it twisted up. The SleepSack can grow with your baby from birth with a swaddle to a wearable blanket without one up to 24 months. They also have SleepSacks for early walkers and big kids (up to 5T) that are designs for little feet to come out of the bottom. I absolutely love how it zippers all the way down making it so easy to put baby in it. Simply unzip, lay baby in it and zip up. It’s sleeveless too.
Another great thing about it is that it also has an inverted zipper which means you can unzip from the bottom making diaper changes easy without having to completely remove it. It’s really soft and cuddly too! We love the HALO SleepSack and highly recommend it!
Begins 10/1/13 at 11:59pm EST – Ends 10/29/13 at 11:59pm EST
Open to U.S. and Canada
Hereâ€™s how to enter:
Use the Rafflecopter form below. Itâ€™s as simple as just clicking! You must complete the mandatory entry before extra entries are unlocked. See each instruction for each entry. You must follow DustinNikki Mommy of Three in some way (does not have to be every single way) like Google+, Facebook, NetworkedBlogs, Twitter, etc. (
Google Friend Connect will no longer be available for non blogger blogs soon.) My GFC still works and I think itâ€™s because my old blogger blog is redirected here. Feel free to still follow via GFC but make sure you follow in some other way too in case I still lose GFC. Of course all the ways that you can follow us, are also extra entries too. See all ways of entries in the Rafflecopter form. Mandatory entry will require a comment on this post. If you have any problems with the Rafflecopter form, please let me know by either leaving a comment on this post or by sending me an email and I will take a look at it.
It is no longer necessary to leave your email in your comment since you have to leave your email when submitting your comment for approval. That way the only person that will see your email will be me. All entries will be checked and if there are any comments that do not count or qualify as an entry, they will not be counted.
For more in depth Giveaway Rules, please see my Giveaway Rules page!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. However, I received free product from Halo to review and write my blog post. Giveaway prize will also be supplied free to the winner of this giveaway from the sponsor. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own honest opinions even if they differ from others.